So for various reasons, the other people living in my apartment will not be staying there this weekend, for the twenty-four hours or so in which Irene is supposed to dump on NYC. Tristan and Megan came through, so now I have company for the hurricane! Thankfully, the apartment itself isn’t located in an evacuation zone, and I’d rather just hole up in there than try to crash somewhere else. It’ll be a bit lonely, but I have plans: Still hoping to do the below on my forced vacation…
- Watch Gilmore Girls repeats on my TV until the power cuts out.
- Learn how to do more than ten push-ups at a time.
- Eat peanut butter sandwiches and fruit, assuming by the time I get to Food Emporium the shelves aren’t empty.
- Wear my TOMS wedges to stretch them out, since it’ll be dry indoors.
- Work on my graphic novel, series, and web comic—either on the computer or by hand. I’m always complaining about not having enough time to write, so why not take advantage of hurricane-alypse!
This is why I should’ve gotten my act together and adopted a cat before now!